Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Bangera, Roshan" <Ro...@commerceone.com> on 2001/05/25 02:48:38 UTC

ApacheSOAP with JRun 3.0 error

Hi,
I am running JRun 3.0 on IIS5 on a Win2K machine. I installed Apache-SOAP
and deployed it on the Jrun default server and deployed a java service
(test.myTest) via the Apache-SOAP admin interface.

I used the Apache SOAP client to speak with this SOAP service, but I get the
following error:

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI</faultcode>
<faultstring>Unable to resolve target object: test.myTest</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I have added test.jar which contains test/myTest.class in the c:\Soap-2_2
directory and I have added c:/Soap-2_2 to the classpath for the JRun default
server.

I figure for some reason the test.jar is not being added to the classpath.

Does anyone have a clue why this should be so or if I am missing a step
somewhere or if this is a known issue with ApacheSOAP and Jrun 3.0 and if
there is a workaround this.

Thanks in advance,

Roshan.

Re: ApacheSOAP with JRun 3.0 error

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Try dropping the test.jar file into your deployed webapp lib directory.
I.e. something like:

C:/JRun/servers/default/soap/WEB-INF/lib

Jar files in there will automatically be picked up on the classpath of
anything running in that server.

--G

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.