Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org> on 2005/04/18 17:12:53 UTC

selectOneMenu state inconsistent

I have a h:form that contains a h:selectOneMenu, and 2 inputCalendar components. The
selectOneMenu specifies whether to enter a date that is ON, SINCE or BETWEEN. When
BETWEEN is selected I use javascript to show the second inputCalendar, otherwise it is
hidden.

The problem occurs when there is a conversion error with the inputCalendar and the
selected date qualifier was BETWEEN. After the conversion error, the browser shows
BETWEEN in the selectOneMenu but the source shows ON (the default) selected and so
does my backing bean.

If I set immediate="true" on the selectOneMenu, after the conversion error the browser
shows BETWEEN in the selectOneMenu, the source show BETWEEN selected but my backing
bean has ON. The weird thing about that is that the selectOneMenu has the backing as
it's value.

I need a way to determine if the selectOneMenu is showing BETWEEN so I can show the
second inputCalendar.

It seems like JSF is storing the state in the renderer until conversion/validation is
complete so how do I access that state?

--
Rob

@objectsource.org