Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by IvanPopov <iv...@free.fr> on 2008/04/01 17:38:23 UTC

How to manage Maven 1 artifacts of type zip

Hi,

it seems as if Archiva do not manage them.
If I install it on my repository such as
groupId/ [type = zips]/ artefactId-version.[type=zip]
Archiva is not able to download it.

I think there is a problem relative to maven 2 as zips seems to be
considered as distribution.

This is a major issue for me, so if someone has an idea, you are welcome.

Regards.

Re: How to manage Maven 1 artifacts of type zip

Posted by IvanPopov <iv...@free.fr>.
If do that, I have the following exception

org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.layout.LayoutException: Invalid path to
Artifact:
mismatch on extension [zip] and layout specified type [jars]
(which maps to extension: [jar]) on path [jdk/jars/jre-1.5.0_12.zip]
org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.content.LegacyPathParser.toArtifactReference(LegacyPathParser.java:190)
org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.content.RepositoryRequest.toArtifactReference(RepositoryRequest.java:135)
org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.content.RepositoryRequest.toNativePath(RepositoryRequest.java:281)

Re: How to manage Maven 1 artifacts of type zip

Posted by david delbecq <da...@oma.be>.
IvanPopov a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> it seems as if Archiva do not manage them.
> If I install it on my repository such as
> groupId/ [type = zips]/ artefactId-version.[type=zip]
> Archiva is not able to download it.
>
> I think there is a problem relative to maven 2 as zips seems to be
> considered as distribution.
>
> This is a major issue for me, so if someone has an idea, you are welcome.
>
> Regards.

What does happende when the path is

groupId/jars/artefactId-version.zip

I used the "war" type with maven1, they where installed in jars/ folder
along with jar file, so maybe archiva expects everything there.