Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 16:15:11 UTC

Re: Are there any supported systems without O_CLOEXEC?

> On Sep 27, 2017, at 5:03 PM, James Peach <Jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In MESOS-8027 and https://reviews.apache.org/r/62638/, I'm claiming that, in practice, we do not have any supported platforms that don't implement O_CLOEXEC to open. All current Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris versions implement O_CLOEXEC. Does anyone know of a platform that doesn't have O_CLOEXEC that we ought to work on?
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?sektion=2&query=open
> http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/open.2.html
> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1463/open-2.html
> https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man2/open.2.html

Bump! If you run Mesos on a platform that doesn't support O_CLOEXEC (eg. Linux kernel <= 2.6.23), please let us know!

Re: Are there any supported systems without O_CLOEXEC?

Posted by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>.
> On Sep 29, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Is this altering the minimum Linux or OS X version we support?

I couldn't find a clear statement of what OS support we guarantee. OS X got O_CLOEXEC in 10.10. CentOS 6.9 has kernel 2.6.32, apparently Ubuntu 14.04 has 3.19. Do we support anything older than that?

Posted by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.