Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> on 2015/02/18 02:06:17 UTC

1.9.x branched

I created the 1.9.x release branch. Trunk is now 1.10.0-dev.

I also updated the buildbot configuration so that builders should be
picking up 1.9.x changes, too.

-- Brane

Re: 1.9.x branched

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 2/17/15 11:48 PM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 18.02.2015 02:06, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> I created the 1.9.x release branch. Trunk is now 1.10.0-dev.
>>
>> I also updated the buildbot configuration so that builders should be
>> picking up 1.9.x changes, too.
>
> Oh, yes: Ben will roll the first Beta tarball soon. I think it's correct
> to call it a Beta because we still have a couple possibly blocker issues
> to resolve and/or downgrade. We can probably roll RC1 in a couple weeks.
>
> Also, please refrain from making significant changes on trunk during the
> soak period, to make backports to 1.9.x easier.
>
> Please help with the pre-release todo list[1]; we still need:
>
>   * test review
>   * API review
>   * final edits in the release notes
>   * update CHANGES

I'm working on the CHANGES file update.  Going to delay rolling the tarball
until I finish that.  Since I think it's pretty useless to give people tarballs
without some idea what's interesting in them.  Probably won't get this finished
until tomorrow due to how far behind we are.

Re: 1.9.x branched

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/roadmap#next-release-status