Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Beast <be...@i6x.org> on 2005/05/06 11:38:55 UTC

spamd or amavisd-new

I would like to create a mail/antispam gateway using postfix,sqlgrey and
spam assassin. I don't want to install Av on this gateway because it
already handle separately by each internal mail server.
What is the recomendation on SA setup and which is preferred, using
spamd or amavisd-new (traffic is arround 15k-20k/day).

--

--beast

Re: spamd or amavisd-new

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 5/6/2005 5:38 AM, Beast wrote:
> I would like to create a mail/antispam gateway using postfix,sqlgrey and
> spam assassin. I don't want to install Av on this gateway because it
> already handle separately by each internal mail server.
> What is the recomendation on SA setup and which is preferred, using
> spamd or amavisd-new (traffic is arround 15k-20k/day).

I use SpamPD [http://www.worlddesign.com/index.cfm/rd/mta/spampd.htm] so
that I can call SpamAssassin from the Postfix proxy filter mechanism
[http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html], meaning in-line
rejections instead of after-transfer rejections.