Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/12/12 00:16:35 UTC

RE: Two instances of Tomcat with Formula 1 Software(E-spreadsheet )

Sounds to me like that application isn't a very well-behaved application.
We have many Tomcat instances (more than 10) on 2GB of RAM with no problems.

Frankly, with Dell selling IDE-based servers around the $400 mark (tower,
not rack), the easiest and cheapest thing to do might be to just buy another
piece of hardware and throw some RAM at it...for less than 10 hours of time
at $100/hour, you can be done with this.  Especially if you have no control
over this other application's behavior.

If you've spent more than 6 or 7 hours trying to fix this, I know which
choice I would make.

John