Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Yue Guan <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/15 18:14:05 UTC

How to read the information on namenode page

Hi, there

I try to understand information presented on Namenode page.

I see the Heap Size is always 100% what does that mean? Does that mean
the namenode takes up all the memory it's assigned to?

I can figure out Configured Capacity = DFS Used + Non DFS Used + DFS
Remaining. My question here is: Does Configured Capacity change during
the time (assume nothing changed, no more disk change?)?

Thank you!