Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID> on 2017/03/08 12:48:48 UTC

Unable to remove host server

Hello everyone,

I am running ACS 4.9.0.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 server. I have tried to remove one of the host servers from the cluster, but I am not able to do so. After pressing the Remove button, I can see the spinning circle, but nothing is happening. I've also tried to do it with the Force remove option ticked without much luck either. Tried to do it on a few browsers, still the same issue. Nothing is happening in the management server logs. No errors, exceptions ,etc.

How can I remove the host server? Can I simply marked it as removed in the db? If so, apart from the host table, do I need to make changes to any other tables?

Thanks

Re: Unable to remove host server

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dag,

I understand that now, but a gui message stating this fact would be very helpful, similar to the one I've received when I tried to remove the host via the cloudmonkey. The gui didn't give me an error message, instead it showed me the spinning circle indefinitely, giving false hope that the job is being processed. This part of the GUI definitely a bug (or a broken workflow) and not a feature.

Cheers

Andrei

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Andrei,