Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2002/11/18 04:46:09 UTC

collections classes

Does lucene use the com.sun.... collection classes rather than the
java.lang... collection classes?

I'm just curious as to why it works so nicely with java 1.1.8, unlike
OpenJMS which uses the java.lang... collection classes.

I'm just using the downloaded jar. Or does it not any collection classes?

thanks,
Robert A. Decker

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/

Re: collections classes

Posted by Clemens Marschner <cm...@lanlab.de>.
It doesn't use a lot of collection classes, but if, it uses ones that are
JDK 1.1.8 compatible: Vector instead of ArrayList, Enumeration instead of
Iterator.
There was a discussion about this a while ago, but the result was that until
there is a compelling reason, this behavior will not be changed. At least in
the Lucene core API. Future developments will likely be based on J2SDK 1.3
or 1.4.

Clemens

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: collections classes

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You could look through the source to find the answer....I don't think
there are any com.sun classes in Lucene.

Otis