Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Pierre Coquentin <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/27 09:48:07 UTC

Synchronized block in StreamTask

Hi,

I've a simple technical question about kafka streams and I don't know if I
should use users@kafka.apache.org or this mailing list.
In class org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamTask, the
method "process" use a synchronized block but I don't see why, the method
doesn't seem to be called in a multithreaded environnement as it's created
and owned by a specific thread
org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
Am I missing something ? Or, as the API is unstable, this class is meant in
the future to be used by several threads ?

Regards,

Pierre

Re: Synchronized block in StreamTask

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pierre,

Thanks for pointing this out. Good question actually, I think it is safe to
remove the synchronization block.

Mind filing a one-liner PR?

Guozhang

--