Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by my...@arcor.de on 2010/06/14 14:46:00 UTC

ExtVal Cross-Validation using validation groups?

Hi,

is it possible to use ExtVal's cross validation constraint annotations, such as RequiredIf, together with a validation group? How to do this? I'm missing an attribute "groups"...

Thanks,
Tom

--
WM 2010: Top News, Spielpläne, Public Viewing-Termine, E-Cards und alles,
was der Fan sonst noch braucht, gibt´s im Sport-Channel auf arcor.de.

Re: ExtVal Cross-Validation using validation groups?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

it's important to mention that the property-validation module is not based
on bean-validation. -> you can't use groups out-of-the-box.
however, [1] shows a simple demo which illustrates the implementation of a
custom group concept based on the constraint aspect concept.
(and for simple cases you can use @SkipValidation.)

@bean-validation module:
there's a new add-on [2] for bv based multi-component validation.

regards,
gerhard

[1]
http://os890.blogspot.com/2009/06/extend-myfaces-extval-with-your-own.html