Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de> on 2022/03/31 07:56:10 UTC

wicket 9.9.0 - MarkupExceptions after upgrade - any idea why I get this?

Hi,

I deployed our app on 9.9.0 this morning and after initializing a crawl of the page I ended up getting a low quote of 503s.

The 503s are always the same:
2022-03-31 09:35:05,031 ERROR [org.apache.wicket.DefaultExceptionMapper] Unexpected error occurred
org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupException: <wicket:head> tags are only allowed before <body>, </head>, <wicket:panel> etc. tag
at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.nextHeaderMarkup(AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.java:341) ~[wicket-core-9.9.0.jar:9.9.0]
	at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.renderHeadFromAssociatedMarkupFile(AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.java:236) ~[wicket-core-9.9.0.jar:9.9.0]
	at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.renderHead(AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.java:204) ~[wicket-core-9.9.0.jar:9.9.0]
	at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalRenderHead(Component.java:2649) ~[wicket-core-9.9.0.jar:9.9.0]
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:569) [nucleus-grizzly-all.jar:?] at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:549) [nucleus-grizzly-all.jar:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Any idea how to debug this or where it may come from (race condition in our code as wicket became faster?)?
It somehow seems to be a happen when requests coming in at the same time.... with 9.8.0 we got no such errors.

Best,

KB

Re: wicket 9.9.0 - MarkupExceptions after upgrade - any idea why I get this?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The changelog is quite short:

  CHANGELOG for 9.9.0:

** Bug

     * [WICKET-6957] - Declare JSPM 'uses' for IInitializer
     * [WICKET-6965] - Memory leak in WicketEndpoint

** Improvement

     * [WICKET-6960] - Reduce allocations when encoding ComponentInfo
     * [WICKET-6963] - Use singletons for PanelMarkupSourcingStrategy
     * [WICKET-6964] - Do not allocate when escaping empty string

Maybe WICKET-6963 causes the regression ?!

Can you reproduce it in a quickstart app ?

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
I've looked at https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/markup/html/panel/AssociatedMarkupSourcingStrategy.java
and I somehow wonder if we couldn't get rid of this
private boolean noMoreWicketHeadTagsAllowed = false;

at all?

It seems to be questioned in the past already:

"// wicket:head must be before border, panel or extend
// @TODO why is that? Why can't it be anywhere? (except inside wicket:fragment)"

my 2cents...

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.
Hi Korbinian,

If possible, it would be great if you could test this against the current
9.10.0 release candidate.

I did another take on making the MarkupSourcingStrategy a singleton. It
should work in your case now, but I'd like to make 100% sure.

Best,

Thomas

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 12:30 PM Korbinian Bachl <

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: wicket 9.9.0 - MarkupExceptions after upgrade - any idea why I get this?

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
It seems I should cancel wicketstuff build :((

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: wicket 9.9.0 - MarkupExceptions after upgrade - any idea why I get this?

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.

Posted by Thomas Heigl <th...@umschalt.com>.

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Well, the only thing I did was change wicket-9.8.0 to wicket-9.9.0....
then I get these errors in production. After reverting to 9.8.0 these are gone....
I never touched any HTML files in between the deploys :X

What has happened here?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,