Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2003/07/01 15:59:29 UTC

Howto use a generated stylesheet

Hi all !

I'm trying to use a generated stylesheet for an xsl transformer and I get this error :

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler

Here is a snippet of my sitemap :

<map:match pattern="picto-filter.xsl">
	<map:generate src="context://WEB-INF/workflow.xconf"/>
	<map:transform src="stylesheets/picto-filter-generator.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="requestlist-part">
	<map:transform src="cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Isn't the cocoon protocol used in transformers ??
Am I misunderstanding some things ?
Thanks in advance !!

--
Olivier BILLARD

Re: Howto use a generated stylesheet

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
Thanks Olivier but this syntax is not correct.

You must put a "/" to refer to the current sitemap, and "//" to refer to the root sitemap (or maybe the inverse).

--

Olivier BILLARD

Olivier GUCKERT wrote:

> Olivier Billard a écrit :
>
>>Hi all !
>>
>>I'm trying to use a generated stylesheet for an xsl transformer and I get this error :
>>
>>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl:
>>org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler
>>
>>Here is a snippet of my sitemap :
>>
>><map:match pattern="picto-filter.xsl">
>>        <map:generate src="context://WEB-INF/workflow.xconf"/>
>>        <map:transform src="stylesheets/picto-filter-generator.xsl"/>
>>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>></map:match>

>><map:match pattern="requestlist-part">
>>        <map:transform src="cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl"/>
>>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>></map:match>
>>
>>Isn't the cocoon protocol used in transformers ??
>>Am I misunderstanding some things ?
>>Thanks in advance !!
>

> Did youb try  :
> <map:transform src="cocoon:picto-filter.xsl"/>
>
> (without the "/" before picto) ?

Olivier BILLARD
Service Propriété Industrielle
__________________________________

JOUVE
12, rue des Landelles
Immeuble Hercules II
35510 CESSON-SEVIGNE
FRANCE
__________________________________

Phone  : 33 2 99 86 93 55
Fax    : 33 2 99 86 98 01
E-Mail : obillard@rennes.jouve.fr
__________________________________

Le présent mail ainsi que toutes les informations qu'il contient ne peuvent en aucun cas être considérés comme un engagement juridique de quelque
nature que ce soit de JOUVE. Tout accord devra être formulé par écrit papier ultérieur signé par un représentant légal de JOUVE. Par ailleurs, si vous
recevez ce mail par erreur, merci de nous le signaler et de le détruire ainsi que l'intégralité du document qui pourrait y être joint.

The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement accorded by Jouve. All legal agreements must be formulated
in writing on paper by a legal representative of JOUVE. If you have received this email by mistake, please inform us of that fact and destroy the
email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Howto use a generated stylesheet

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
Thanks Upayavira !

Unfortunately, using the http:// protocol isn't very portable...
"Con" and "StephenNg" were able to use the cocoon protocol... I'll ask them.

I'm using the CVS version of cocoon.

Thanks again...

--

Olivier

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Check out:

Posted by Olivier GUCKERT <Ol...@loria.fr>.

Olivier Billard a écrit :

> Hi all !
>
> I'm trying to use a generated stylesheet for an xsl transformer and I get this error :
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl:
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler
>
> Here is a snippet of my sitemap :
>
> <map:match pattern="picto-filter.xsl">
>         <map:generate src="context://WEB-INF/workflow.xconf"/>
>         <map:transform src="stylesheets/picto-filter-generator.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>

> <map:match pattern="requestlist-part">
>         <map:transform src="cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> Isn't the cocoon protocol used in transformers ??
> Am I misunderstanding some things ?
> Thanks in advance !!

Did youb try  :

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
Thanks Joerg for your answer,

It is in fact an error in my xsl, as I wrote on "Cocoon-dev"...
I'm very happy to see that the cocoon protocol works fine with transformers...

I'm now looking for the solution of the next problem (there is always a next problem... ;))

Thanks again !!

--
Olivier

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Olivier,

Olivier Billard wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I'm trying to use a generated stylesheet for an xsl transformer and I
> get this error :
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
> for cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl:

This error message lets me guess you are using XSLTC - there is no tool
reporting errors better than this one ;-) Try to use Xalan in the pipeline
that uses the generated XSLT. Or try to request picto-filter.xsl directly in
the browser and have a look on it, maybe there is an error in it. You can
also save this generated XSLT to disk and try the transformation statically.

> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
> creating Transform Handler
>
> Here is a snippet of my sitemap :
>
> <map:match pattern="picto-filter.xsl">
>     <map:generate src="context://WEB-INF/workflow.xconf"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/picto-filter-generator.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>

> <map:match pattern="requestlist-part">
>     <map:transform src="cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl"/>

here: <map:transform type="xalan" src="cocoon:/picto-filter.xsl"/>

>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>

> Isn't the cocoon protocol used in transformers ??
> Am I misunderstanding some things ?
> Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Joerg