Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Nicolas Filotto <nf...@talend.com> on 2022/03/29 16:26:34 UTC

Component Metadata Scope

Hi all,

As you know, the camel-package-maven-plugin does many different tasks, one of them is to generate a JSON file containing the metadata of a given component. As this plugin is launched against all existing components, we can always retrieve the metadata of a given component by reading this file directly from its corresponding artifact.

Those JSON files are used internally by different Camel tools to generate for instance the documentation.

My question is the following, maybe I missed it, but I don't see any documentation about those files, so I was wondering if they were only meant to be used internally or they can be used by external tools too?

Regards,
Nicolas

As a recipient of an email from Talend, your contact personal data will be on our systems. Please see our privacy notice. <https://www.talend.com/privacy/>

Re: Component Metadata Scope

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 6:26 PM Nicolas Filotto <nf...@talend.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you know, the camel-package-maven-plugin does many different tasks, one of them is to generate a JSON file containing the metadata of a given component. As this plugin is launched against all existing components, we can always retrieve the metadata of a given component by reading this file directly from its corresponding artifact.
>
> Those JSON files are used internally by different Camel tools to generate for instance the documentation.
>
> My question is the following, maybe I missed it, but I don't see any documentation about those files, so I was wondering if they were only meant to be used internally or they can be used by external tools too?

What you see in camel-catalog is what is intended for 3rd party tools.
The json structure and what information we put in there can change
over time - its not set in stone.

External tools such as the IDEA plugin, VSCode plugins etc uses the
camel-catalog.

--
Claus Ibsen