Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jack Lauman <jl...@nwcascades.com> on 2004/06/12 02:10:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Repost... no response from numerous posts

I've posted this same question on the apache and tomcat lists for the
past six weeks and gotten no answers.  Not even an insult saying the
question was stupid.  If I could find the answer in the docs I wouldn't
be asking.

I have virtual host in apache 2.0.49 with mod_jk2 its DocumentRoot is
domain.com it has a subdirectory called members (i.e.
domain.com/members) that has an html doc with links to three different
tomcat apps.  (i.e. domain.com/members/index.html with a link of
http://www.domain.com/members/minutes/index.jsp).

On the tomcat 5.0.24 side I have a minutes webapp (minutes.war) in the
default context (i.e. $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/minutes.war) and deploys
under the directory minutes.  (The members directory does not exist on
the tomcat side).

How do you map the apache path of
http://www.domain.com/members/minutes/index.jsp to the tomcat minutes app?

In the past using both of these would worked:
In mod_webapp/warp connector I could use:
WebAppDeploy minutes warpConnection /members/minutes/

In mod_jk I could use:
JkMount /members/minutes/*.jsp Worker
JkMount /members/minutes/*.do Worker

The question....
Is this possible in mod_jk2 and if so how do you do it?

TIA

Jack

Re: [users@httpd] Repost... no response from numerous posts

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Jack Lauman wrote:
> I've posted this same question on the apache and tomcat lists for the
> past six weeks and gotten no answers.  Not even an insult saying the
> question was stupid.

I have no experience with Tomcat etc. so I'm sorry to say I cannot give you
a good answer, but ...

> In the past using both of these would worked:
> In mod_webapp/warp connector I could use:
> WebAppDeploy minutes warpConnection /members/minutes/
>
> In mod_jk I could use:
> JkMount /members/minutes/*.jsp Worker
> JkMount /members/minutes/*.do Worker
>
> The question....
> Is this possible in mod_jk2 and if so how do you do it?

Have you tried (I'm assuming that there is some sort of manual  for this)?
If so, what did you try and describe the details in how it failed your
expectations. That would give the people in-the-know something to go on, and
hopefully give you some good answers.

Regards,
Robert Andersson