Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2014/02/10 18:10:33 UTC

ApacheCon proposed tracks

https://docs.google.com/a/rcbowen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZdtCkHHRUMdEx3YXRjTWd5Q1YtR2NRaFhwZ0xvNGc&usp=sharing#gid=2

These are the proposed ApacheCon tracks. Each track can hold SIX talks,
and some tracks have more than one day in them. So this should give us a
better idea of where we need to cull talks, and how many. This will give
us a clear way to go to PMCs and say "here's 15 talks, pick 12".

I should have a report in the next few days of the ratings on the talks,
so we need to bring a close to that part of the process. If you're going
to review, please try to get it done by end of day Tuesday. If you think
you're going to need more time than that, please say so, but I can't
promise anything if we want to meet deadlines.

Also, note that there's a new mailing list -
cfp-review@community.apache.org  If you agreed to review talks, I've put
you on that list. I've done this because many of you aren't on
dev@community.apache.org and I needed a way to get in touch with you.
Please forgive the breach of netiquette, and also the cross-posting, for
those of you who are getting this twice. It was important that I have a
way to get the message out to everyone.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: ApacheCon proposed tracks

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Feb 10, 2014, at 10:54 AM, jan i wrote:

> On 10 February 2014 18:10, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
>> https://docs.google.com/a/rcbowen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=
>> 0ApZdtCkHHRUMdEx3YXRjTWd5Q1YtR2NRaFhwZ0xvNGc&usp=sharing#gid=2
>>
>> These are the proposed ApacheCon tracks. Each track can hold SIX talks,
>> and some tracks have more than one day in them. So this should give us a
>> better idea of where we need to cull talks, and how many. This will give us
>> a clear way to go to PMCs and say "here's 15 talks, pick 12".
>>

> I am not quite sure how that would work. as an example it seems that AOO is
> grouped together with other projects (which is fine by me), so one track
> have more PMC groups. My quess is if you tell a PMC "here's 15 talks, pick
> 12", they will quite naturally pick talks about their own project. For
> tracks with more than 1 PMC (project) involved, I think the first question
> should be "Please consider if you can group or remove some of the talks
> about your project".

Talks related to a PMC need not all be in the same track, but they should just be concurrent.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 02/10/2014 01:54 PM, jan i wrote:
>
>> On 10 February 2014 18:10, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>
>>  https://docs.google.com/a/rcbowen.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=
>>> 0ApZdtCkHHRUMdEx3YXRjTWd5Q1YtR2NRaFhwZ0xvNGc&usp=sharing#gid=2
>>>
>>> These are the proposed ApacheCon tracks. Each track can hold SIX talks,
>>> and some tracks have more than one day in them. So this should give us a
>>> better idea of where we need to cull talks, and how many. This will give
>>> us
>>> a clear way to go to PMCs and say "here's 15 talks, pick 12".
>>>
>>>  I am not quite sure how that would work. as an example it seems that
>> AOO is
>> grouped together with other projects (which is fine by me), so one track
>> have more PMC groups. My quess is if you tell a PMC "here's 15 talks, pick
>> 12", they will quite naturally pick talks about their own project. For
>> tracks with more than 1 PMC (project) involved, I think the first question
>> should be "Please consider if you can group or remove some of the talks
>> about your project".
>>

> Most of the content is or should be grouped in a track by project or
> track. So if we say "here's 15, pick 12" it will already all be about their
> project. "Mixed" tracks we'll hopefully be able to select based on ratings.
>
> --Rich

> http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

What is layed out here -- organized by days -- looks good to me.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: ApacheCon proposed tracks

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.