Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 08:33:41 UTC

ActiveMQ Duplex Network connector only creating bridge on initiating side

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a Network Of Brokers, preferably with a single duplex
connection. I *can* get this to work if I use network connectors and
listeners on each side, but that is not desirable for our deployment.

Here is broker 1, the one initiating the outbound duplex connection. It
shows a network bridge is created.
http://pastebin.com/Fpy56kxP

Here is broker 2, the one receiving the duplex connection. It does NOT show
a network bridge is created.
http://pastebin.com/7FPpkNuJ

If you comment out the the lines in each file, both brokers show a network
bridge is created and messages flow as expected.

Are duplex connections broken or am I doing something stupid? Thank you!

Re: ActiveMQ Duplex Network connector only creating bridge on initiating side

Posted by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com>.
2 also works actually.

Re: ActiveMQ Duplex Network connector only creating bridge on initiating side

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I don't understand why setting networkTTL to 3 from 1 would make a
difference in a 2-broker NoB, and I don't see why the behavior would change
depending on whether you use a duplex connection or two simplex ones.
Seems fishy to me.

Posted by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com>.
I think I figured this out, how to increase networkTtl to 3