Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Lancelle <sh...@knosys.com> on 2002/09/17 02:42:39 UTC

Authentication via an Html Scrape Fest

I have been experimenting, with great success, data scraping of HTML
pages for inclusion into some cocoon apps. What a great tool! It really
simplifies life.

I am now attempting to scrape pages behind a user/pw entry. I get a
pop-up request window when I grab the URI of interest via the browser.
How do I handle the user/id entry within Cocoon? Can I pass them as
parameters? Can Cocoon hold the session from the server as I use it to
gather a few more pages once past the user/pwd?

Thanks.
Jon Lancelle

Re: Authentication via an Html Scrape Fest

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
check,

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/index.html

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.

Have a look at Cocoon's WebServiceProxyGenerator - I think this may do the
trick.