Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eben <eb...@bakedbean.net> on 2008/03/28 01:15:21 UTC

versioning a database

I am working with a SQLServer 2005 database, and it would be really nice
to be able to version the table schemas, views and stored procedures in
Subversion. Has anyone done any work with SQLServer and Subversion?  Any
ideas or advice are appreciated.

thanks,
Eben

RE: versioning a database

Posted by ta...@dbmaestro.Remove_This.com.
Take a look at a product called Teamwork (website www.dbmaestro.com). It is a change management and source control tool for MS SQLServer and Oracle.

RE: versioning a database

Posted by John Niven <jn...@bravurasolutions.com>.

No experience with SQLServer, but a fair bit with Sybase (using
Subversion and ClearCase).  I suspect Sybase and SQLServer have diverged
a fair bit over the years, but so long as you can run DDL scripts into
SQLServer there's no reason why you can't keep the DDL in Subversion.