Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark McKay <ma...@kitfox.com> on 2004/01/17 18:51:06 UTC

Batch processing files

I'm using a utility from the x3d group to batch convert VRML97 files
into X3D.  This is provided as a jar file, and provides no support to
define it as a taskdef.

Currently, to translate sphere.wrl into sphere.x3d, I'm calling:

        <java classname="iicm.vrml.vrml2x3d.vrml2x3d"
classpath="c:/java/x3d/Vrml97ToX3dNist.jar">
            <arg file="data/3d/sphere.WRL"/>
            <arg file="data/3d/sphere.x3d"/>
        </java>

This is great for translating only one file, but I'd like to translate
an entire directory full of *.wrl into *.x3d.  Better yet, I'd like my
script to be smart enough to only translate the files that are newly
added or out of date.  Can this be done with ant?

Mark McKay