Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> on 2007/08/18 07:28:08 UTC

Status of the project

Hi All...

  If you would please I would like to know the status of the project, the
latest news on your site back to October-2006, but the dev list still have
new messages till these days. The project still alive or not. And why people
from OpenEJB and Geronimo use the sun RI of JAXB and not your implementation
?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Status of the project

Posted by Jose Luis Huertas Fernández <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys, I'm working now to solve some issues with Jaxme, and I'm willing
to keep working on it in the future, so you can count on me as a new
developer.

I'm still understanding the codebase, and I'm not able to give much help in
the list yet but I hope I will be able soon.

I'm sure more people are willing to support this project to keep it growing,
just wait until they read this messages on monday ;)

I think the project has a niche where it fits better than Sun RI, and it
would be a pity if we let it die:

- Projects that are still tied to pre-Java 5 VMs (lots of them in my
experience). We should work on this issue, because it seems that the most up
to date code in the SVN is now Java5 dependant.
- Organizations that prefers Apache license to CDDL.
- JaxMe, while compliant with JAXB specification, seems to be more
extensible than Sun RI.

Best regards,

Jose Luis Huertas.

Re: Status of the project

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: Status of the project

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Can't we bring to life again, I mean the license issue still exist as you
mentioned on your site, beside we can add new ideas like generating
JavaScript code to parse the XML Documents as a result of Ajax calls, which
is missing exept in JSCastor I think . I think that there is a great job in
there and we can't leave it dying :) .

On 8/19/07, David Holroyd <da...@badgers-in-foil.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8/18/07, Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> wrote:
> >   If you would please I would like to know the status of the project,
> the
> > latest news on your site back to October-2006, but the dev list still
> have
> > new messages till these days. The project still alive or not. And why
> people
> > from OpenEJB and Geronimo use the sun RI of JAXB and not your
> implementation
>
> While I don't speak for Jochen, he did recently say this of his
> involvement in the project,
>
>   http://marc.info/?l=jaxme-dev&m=118349189125674&w=2
>

> ta,
> dave