Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by John Butler <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 16:25:19 UTC

Validate XML with loading schemas at runtime, failure depending on schema order

I have posted this question on Stack Overflow here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11852311/validate-xml-with-loading-schemas-at-runtime-failure-depending-on-schema-order

I am trying to do xml validation. I am being given a list of schemas at
run-time (possibly wrapped in a jar). Validation passes or failes based on
the order in which I provide the schemas to the SchemaFactory.

Here is what I am doing:

      private void validateXml(String xml, List<URI> schemas){
            Source[] source = new StreamSource[schemas.size()];
            int i=0;
            for (URI f : schemas){
               source[i++] = new StreamSource(f.openStream());
            }

            SchemaFactory sf =
SchemaFactory.newInstance(XMLConstants.W3C_XML_SCHEMA_NA_URI);
            sf.setResourceResolver(new MyClassPathResourceResolver());

            Schema schema = schemaFactory.newSchema(source);
            Validator validator = schema.newValidator();
            validator.validate(new StreamSource(new
ByteArrayInputStream(xml.getBytes()));

again, this fails if the passed set of schema do not start with the schema
to which the root element of the xml referrs. Is there a fix to this or am
I doing something wrong?

Re: Validate XML with loading schemas at runtime, failure depending on schema order

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

It's likely this problem [1] with the SchemaFactory. We're working on it.

Thanks.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1130

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development