Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/04/27 01:22:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.6.0 rc2

Hi,

I've posted the UIMAJ SDK 2.6.0 rc2 release candidate.

Besides the changes in rc1 (mainly related to enabling exploitation of multi-core processors, and requires Java 6 (hence the bump from 2.5.0 to 2.6.0)), this fixes 2 additional Jiras: one related to a bad refactoring that caused a problem serializing descriptors to XML, and one to support multi-threaded access to read-only CASes which requires that the JCasHashMap be thread safe.

Changes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+UIMA+AND+fixVersion+%3D+2.6.0SDK+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

The source and binary zip/tars and the Eclipse update site are staged to
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.6.0-rc2/ <http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-2.6.0-rc2/>

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1018/

The SVN tags are here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.6.0/

and for the Eclipse Update Site (just for the record, no real need to check anything here):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-eclipse-update-site-2.6.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to test
release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] [CANCELLED] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.6.0 rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops, found a problem with the size method in the new JCasHashMap impl.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Java SDK 2.6.0 rc2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Checked rc2 on Windows 64

signatures OK

install from update-site into new Eclipse 4.3.2 - OK

compare source and tag - OK

build-from-source after clearing uimaj projects from local mvn repo - OK

Jira-report - OK (except for ongoing non-blocker: project.version not being
substituted: Version: ${project.version}

Ran OK on binary (unzipped): adjust sample paths - OK, document analyzer - OK

spot check of licenses - jar OK, bin - OK, source - OK

spot check of Javadocs - OK

[X] +1 OK to release

-Marshall Schor