Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vignan Malyala <ds...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/27 11:59:34 UTC

Can I create 1000 cores in SOLR CLOUD

Hi all,

We are currently using solr without cloud with 500 cores. It works good.

Now we are planning to expand it using solr cloud with 1000 cores, (2 cores
for each of my client with different domain data).

I'm planning to put all fields as "stored".

Is it the right thought? Will it have any issues?  Will it become slow??
How should I take care in production?
Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
VIgnan

Re: Can I create 1000 cores in SOLR CLOUD

Posted by Vignan Malyala <ds...@gmail.com>.
Guys,
Did anyone work on this type of thing?
Can you please help with this? For real time deployment and issues?

Posted by "Natarajan, Rajeswari" <ra...@sap.com>.
Good to know Shawn.

Thanks,
Rajeswari

On 1/29/20, 12:52 PM, "Shawn Heisey" <ap...@elyograg.org> wrote:

    On 1/27/2020 4:59 AM, Vignan Malyala wrote:
    > We are currently using solr without cloud with 500 cores. It works good.
    >
    > Now we are planning to expand it using solr cloud with 1000 cores, (2 cores
    > for each of my client with different domain data).

    SolrCloud starts having scalability issues once you reach a few hundred
    collections, regardless of how many servers are in the cloud.

    I explored this in SOLR-7191.  You might notice that the issue is in a
    "Resolved/Fixed" state ... but there were no changes committed, and when
    I tested it again with a later version, I saw evidence that the
    situation has gotten worse, not better.

    If you already have mechanisms in place to handle high availability, you
    would be far better off NOT using SolrCloud mode.

    Thanks,
    Shawn

Re: Can I create 1000 cores in SOLR CLOUD

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.