Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ritu Kedia <RK...@saba.com> on 2004/02/24 15:25:36 UTC

File Get is not working (J2EE Store -- JBoss with MySQL)

Hi All,

I am running slide 2.0b1 in JBoss_Tomcat integrated environment, using J2EE
store with MySQL DB.
The "create collection", "write file", "put under version control"
operations all go through fine. But I get a NullPointerException on "Get
file" operation.

Here is the top part of the stack trace:

19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.GetMethod$ResourceInfo.<init>(GetMethod.java:
943)
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.GetMethod.executeRequest(GetMethod.java:216)
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.AbstractWebdavMethod.run(AbstractWebdavMethod
.java:315)
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:164)
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
19:30:15,062 ERROR [STDERR]     at
FilterChain.java:247)

domain.xml:
		    <store name="j2ee">
		        <nodestore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.J2EEStore">
		            <parameter
name="datasource">jdbc/lcmsDS</parameter>
		            <parameter
name="adapter">org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter</paramete
r>
		            <parameter name="compress">false</parameter>
		        </nodestore>
		        <securitystore>
		            <reference store="nodestore"/>
		        </securitystore>
		        <lockstore>
		            <reference store="nodestore"/>
		        </lockstore>
		        <revisiondescriptorsstore>
		            <reference store="nodestore"/>
		        </revisiondescriptorsstore>
		        <revisiondescriptorstore>
		            <reference store="nodestore"/>
		        </revisiondescriptorstore>
		        <contentstore>
		            <reference store="nodestore"/>
		        </contentstore>
		    </store>
            <scope match="/" store="j2ee"/>

I debugged the cause of this problem:
the "creationdate" property is not being retrieved for any file

Has anyone faced a similar issue?

I have a couple more questions (for the Slide team):
1. For a non-versioned file I don't see any entry in the Properties table.
When I put the file under version control, an entry gets created. (I am
looking by version_id picked from version_history table for the
corresponding uri_id)... Am I missing something?

2. After putting a file under version control I did 2 checkins and from my
WebDAV Client I see 3 versions in the version report: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2..... But
in the version_history table I see only 2 entries for that file and in the
Properties table I see only one entry.... Shouldn't both the version_history
and properties table show 3 entries for that file?

3. What is revision_no in version_history table?

Is there any document explaining the Slide RDBMS schema?

Regards,
Ritu