Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Michel Bergijk <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2002/02/20 12:13:37 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/MimeTypeParseExc eption, with activation.jar in classpath!

Fellow SOAP users,

I am trying to get SOAP to work on my system (Win2000, Apache, Tomcat 3.3,
SOAP 2.2 and Jetspeed 1.3a2). Connecting to SOAP using Internet Exploder
works fine, I get the requested "Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GERT- you
have to use HTTP Post to tal to me" response.

The problem is testing the client configuration. When I enter the following
command in a dos-box, I get the subsequent error message. After that I give
you a copy of my classpath setting. Hope anyone has an answer for me. I have
searched as far as I could in FAQ and troubleshooting quide.

<command>
C:\Apache\soap-2_2\lib>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://nl-arn-l051682:3128/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
</command>

<errormessage>
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=Unsupported response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml".
Response was:
<h1>Error: 500</h1>
<pre>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/MimeTypeParseException
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:22
0)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)

        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
</pre>
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:175)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:212)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:1
51)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
37)
</errormessage>

<classpath>
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Development\SAP_java\jCO.jar;C:\Apache\soap-2_2\lib\soap.jar;
C:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\lib\xerces.jar;C:\Apache\tomcat\li
b\common\mail.jar;C:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\lib\activation.j
ar
</classpath>

With regards,

Michel Bergijk