Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by honyk <j....@email.cz> on 2011/07/30 11:09:26 UTC

Tomcat 7 faces servlet encoding issue

Hello Everyone,

when migrating my JSF 2.0 app from tomcat 6.0.32 to the version 7.0.19 I've
encountered the following encoding issue.

I have a simple JSF (xhtml) page with an embedded SVG image in it <object
type="image/svg+xml" data="encoding.svg">. In the web.xml file there is a
faces servlet mapping set to the '/faces' path fragment.

In tomcat 6 there is no difference between these two links
http://drifted.in/encoding/encoding.svg
http://drifted.in/encoding/faces/encoding.svg

but in Tomcat 7 I am getting different results. The first is Ok while the
second, processed by faces servlet, breaks the encoding.

Together with my app I ship JSTL 1.1 and Mojarra 2.0.6 (jsf-api & jsf-impl)
libraries.

Is there necessary to set something else in my app to get the same (correct)
result also in Tomcat 7?

I haven't found anything related here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding

Any idea?