Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Srimanth Gunturi <sg...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/09/01 23:16:25 UTC

Re: Tez view questions

Hi Greg,

Can you please verify that "hive.execution.engine" in hive-site.xml is set to 'tez' ?

Regards,

Srimanth

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
It is.  After more research, I think this is due to the lack of kerberos on the cluster.  Apparently the Tez view requires kerberos to be installed and running to proxy users to the Job History page.  I'm not sure why this limitation exists and it can't just proxy system users like everything else.  The Ambari docs for how to set up Kerberos don't work at all on CentOS 7 (the very first command fails with a vague "there is missing configuration" error).

We're just moving forward with the remaining views and not the Tez one for now.  We'll figure out Kerberos later.

Greg