Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Marvin Froeder <ve...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/17 17:00:50 UTC

Add support on maven-integration-test-helper to emma

Hi guys, I start this discussion on IRC

<velo>hi folks, I'm planning add support on
maven-integration-test-helper to emma http://emma.sourceforge.net/
<velo>so I will be able to run IT tests on flex-mojos and get code
coverage results
<velo>it will be done using offline instrumentation
<velo>http://emma.sourceforge.net/intro.html#Offline+instrumentation
<velo>but, when I do that emma changes the jar files, and I don't
wanna my maven repo with those mutant jars.
<velo>is there any way to run mvn pointing to another repository who
will only have a few jars... and at runtime mvn will merge the
repositories?!
<jason>why do you need to instrument all the jars?
<jason>and not just your own code?
<velo>I wanna just to instrument my jars.
<velo>but I don't wanna have instrumented jars on maven repository
<jason>i think we could construct a classpath with your jars and the
rest from a repository
<velo>if I run a instrumented jar, without emma.jar on CP it will
throw a class not found
<jason>so take the instrumented jars that you created and create a
command line that uses your jars and the rest of the normal ones
<velo>but how to tell maven to use instrumented jar when running
flex-mojos plugins?
<velo>or maven will not load my plugin jar again if it is already on
java classpath?

Anyone knows?

VELO

Re: Add support on maven-integration-test-helper to emma

Posted by Marvin Froeder <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

I manage to make 3 mojos to instrument, run, gather metadata and report emma
coverage.
Run is done by surefire on test phase.

Question, how do I tell maven to run one mojo before test phase and after
test phase run metadata and then report?

VELO