Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/11/15 05:38:02 UTC

Blog Draft: OpenOffice.org Migration -- The Community Forums

A new Blog post, "OpenOffice.org Migration -- The Community Forums", has been
published, post-dated to 2011-11-18T01:05Z.
This post should be wherever staging is available for review by editors and
committers.

(I post via Windows LiveWriter and I have no idea where the preview
instructions are, any longer.)

 - Dennis

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

What you have done is 'publish' the post with a future date.

For people to 'preview' a post one must save it as a draft entry first.
With WLW - the 'Post draft to blog' button is what you need.

To get the preview URL, sorry but I think you'll just have to log in to the OOo blog, choose
to view the posts and then click on 'edit' , this will give you the URL.

You can then use the url mode you mentioned earlier for people to log in and preview such as:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/test/?previewEntry=this_is_a_draft_post

or in your case:

https://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_org_migration_the_community

or the whole community can preview a blog post without logging in and without needing an account, do this by
removing 'roller-ui/authoring/' from the URL to give you an open one like:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_org_migration_the_community

Should you wish posts/previews to be private and not open for inspection by the general public then asking people
to log in and view the post within the GUI is the only way to do that - clicking on

http://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/entries.rol?weblog=OOo

and logging in will give all OOo authors access to the posts to look at.

HTH

Gav...

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Ah yes, then you need a login. Or use this link if you haven't it:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_org_migration_the_community

Marcus

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
This link should do it:

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2011, at 8:07 PM, Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice effort put into this.  Some grammar-weenie-ings and thoughts...
>
> -- "including of ones own posts" should be "including of one's own posts".
>
> -- "Forum operation  More-experienced" should be "Forum operation.
> More-experienced".
>
> -- "The Forums embrace all of the descendants of the original
> StarOffice/OpenOffice.org that have become siblings in the
> OpenOffice.org galaxy.  Tips and solutions in the use of one release
> are often useful to users of a product cousin having the same
> feature."  Given descendants and siblings, what is a "cousin"?  Is
> this a term of art[1]?  Does it refer to a branch within OOo, or a
> branch outside of OOo such as LO?

We've learned that peers is a term that works with LO. I would suggest that or  related. This way no one will get hung up on relational distance and who is the black sheep of the family.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
This displayed perfectly on my iPhone!

Very nicely done Gavin!

BTW- I recently forwarded a request for redirection of qa.oo.o/issues to issues.a.o/ooo from the French forum admin. I think.someone else will do it. If needed I'll create a Jira issue Thursday.

Thanks for all your support!

BR,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone