Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Florian Reiser <fl...@softproject.de> on 2008/09/16 10:16:22 UTC

German umlauts translated to html-entities

Hello,

I have a jsf-page using a resource bundles containing values with german
umlauts (ä,ö,ü).

The page is written in jsp in xml-syntax (jsp:root as top-level-element)

When I deploy this page and call it from a browser, I get the following
error:

XML processing error: Undefined entity

It is caused by the conversion of the umlauts in the resource bundle files
to html-entities.

A ü should stay a ü. Instead it is converted to the entity &uuml; which does
not exist in xml.

How can I tell jsf to do no conversion or to convert to the
xml-entity-syntax?

With kind regards

Florian Reiser

Re: German umlauts translated to html-entities

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Florian!

> How can I tell jsf to do no conversion or to convert to the
> xml-entity-syntax?

Setup your environment to deliver pages in UTF-8 encoding and you will
be fine.

Ciao,
Mario