Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Brian Dennis <bm...@crossjam.net> on 2016/08/01 14:30:06 UTC

Burrow E-Mail to GMail

Burrow users,

Before I head down the rathole of fighting with SMTP servers, does anyone
have positive or negative confirmation that Burrow can reliably send e-mail
notifications to a GMail account? On reading the docs, it seems quite
possible, but I've been bitten in the past trying to automate
legitimate mail to GMail. Getting washed out with the spammers is a real
hazard.

Thanks!

--
information informs. analysis enlightens.

Brian M. Dennis, PhD
43403 Coton Commons Dr, Leesburg, VA 20176
e: bmd@crossjam.net m: 312.213.3943

Re: Burrow E-Mail to GMail

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
So I can’t speak for general Gmail, but we have been using it through Gmail
internally here for a while. Just watch out for those rate limits, because
Burrow can get noisy (depending on your clusters and consumers)!

-Todd

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Brian Dennis <bm...@crossjam.net> wrote:

> Burrow users,
>
> Before I head down the rathole of fighting with SMTP servers, does anyone
> have positive or negative confirmation that Burrow can reliably send e-mail
> notifications to a GMail account? On reading the docs, it seems quite
> possible, but I've been bitten in the past trying to automate
> legitimate mail to GMail. Getting washed out with the spammers is a real
> hazard.
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> information informs. analysis enlightens.
>
> Brian M. Dennis, PhD
> 43403 Coton Commons Dr, Leesburg, VA 20176
> e: bmd@crossjam.net m: 312.213.3943

--
*Todd Palino*
Staff Site Reliability Engineer