Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prakash M V <pr...@granada-learning.com> on 2004/02/12 15:30:36 UTC

Distributed test for over 2000 Users

Hi,

Can any one help my problem
I have to test for over 2000+ Users simulation in Jmeter Distributed test.
I got 9 Test case scenarios. Each Test case scenarios got around 8-9 Web HTTP Request and also got parameterised. I have included all the 9 test case scenarios (.JMX files) in one project and thru my server iam trying to run in distributed manner.
1 Server against 10 Client Machines.

When i set up for 5 thread to distribute into 5 client machines its working fine.
Similarly when i rise to 10 Thread to disctribute into 10 client machines it works fine.
All the test cases are not looping forever and loop specified as 1.

Problem where i encounter is when i increase the number of thread to 15 or 20 its not working well. Few client machines says error as GenericError or GetNextController in the Command prompt of the client machine where i have run the Jmeter-server.bat file.

1. Is there any restriction in distributed load testing functionality? (like thread limitation and iteration etc)

2. Can any one let me know what is the limitation of the Load testing in Jmeter in distributed testing?

3. Is it necessary to restart the client machine when i get any error displayed in the command prompt of client machine for the next subsequent test as it fails to connect to Socket (Says error as Connection refused in Jmeter.Log thought the client machine is in network)

Please clarify me the above mentioned queries.

Advance Thanks & Regards
Prakash

Re: Distributed test for over 2000 Users

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.

Prakash M V wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can any one help my problem
> I have to test for over 2000+ Users simulation in Jmeter Distributed test.
> I got 9 Test case scenarios. Each Test case scenarios got around 8-9 Web HTTP Request and also got parameterised. I have included all the 9 test case scenarios (.JMX files) in one project and thru my server iam trying to run in distributed manner.
> 1 Server against 10 Client Machines.
>
> When i set up for 5 thread to distribute into 5 client machines its working fine.
> Similarly when i rise to 10 Thread to disctribute into 10 client machines it works fine.
> All the test cases are not looping forever and loop specified as 1.
>
> Problem where i encounter is when i increase the number of thread to 15 or 20 its not working well. Few client machines says error as GenericError or GetNextController in the Command prompt of the client machine where i have run the Jmeter-server.bat file.
>
> 1. Is there any restriction in distributed load testing functionality? (like thread limitation and iteration etc)

There shouldn't be any. However, JMeter's distributed testing
architecture does not scale well, and unless your test's complexity
requires JMeter to spend a lot of CPU (e.g. if you need to parse HTML
client machines than you would do with just one or two.

> 2. Can any one let me know what is the limitation of the Load testing in Jmeter in distributed testing?

See above.

> 3. Is it necessary to restart the client machine when i get any error displayed in the command prompt of client machine for the next subsequent test as it fails to connect to Socket (Says error as Connection refused in Jmeter.Log thought the client machine is in network)

It shouldn't be necessary. But the problem you describe shouldn't
happen, either. (Actually, I've never seen it).