Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 17:47:27 UTC

[RESULT] Approve Woden M7a release

The results so far from woden-dev and WS general for the retry vote to
publish the Woden M7a release are:

Davanum Srinivas +1 (WSPMC binding, IPMC binding)
Aleksander Slominski +1 (WSPMC binding)
Jeremy Hughes +1 (WSPMC binding)
Ant Elder +1 (WSPMC binding)
Graham Turrell +1
John Kaputin +1

As we have at least three binding votes from the WSPMC I will now seek a
vote from the Incubator PMC.  Dims is an IPMC member and has already voted.
Could I ask others in the Apache WS community who are also IPMC members to
respond to that vote request.

regards,
John Kaputin

Re: [RESULT] Approve Woden M7a release

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
I am stuck with Axis2 release due to its woden dependency , and we can
not revert our changes and go with the previous release. So do you have
any idea about the release date ?

Dims : can we update the release into ws.zone and  go ahead with Axis2
release ?

Thanks
Deepal

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've

Re: [RESULT] Approve Woden M7a release

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jochen,
I called the retry vote on Woden M7a due to problems with M7a RC1 and asked
for people to vote or re-vote on M7a. The results I reported reflect the
actual votes cast on that M7a retry.

If you are referring to your suggestion:

> -0: I'd suggest that the Woden should check first, whether it isn't
> yet ready for exiting the incubator.

please see the last paragraph in my subsequent VOTE RETRY post [1],
specifically:

A suggestion was raised during the last vote about seeking Woden's exit from
the Incubator. We have been discussing this on the woden-dev list and weekly
calls and are currently completing the necessary steps towards exiting
incubation.

We have been looking into exiting incubator and have some steps to complete,
so we won't be seeking to exit Incubation in the M7a timeframe.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-woden-dev/200704.mbox/%3c4c2ae8f80704160812h30e87b93je6e5d52607780265@mail.gmail.com%3e

regards,
John Kaputin.