Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com> on 2005/08/24 17:07:49 UTC

Spanish accents in Javascript

Hi,

I know this is not a question directly related with MyFaces, but does
anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I define my literal strings in a properties file, and then I have created a
custom messages tag that renders the message as an alert of Javascript. So
when a JSF message is generated, it is rendered as an alert. My problem is
with accents. For example, in the alert window the text appears like:

"La f&#243;rmula es correcta"

while it should be:

"La fórmula es correcta"

Is it a matter of escaping the text in Javascript? Because I have tried the
escape() function but with no success...

Re: Spanish accents in Javascript

Posted by Matt Blum <mb...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried putting the Unicode encodings in the properties files? Java
uses the same encoding method, so it should work seamlessly with your
server-side code, too.

-Matt

Posted by Slawek <ss...@o2.pl>.

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.
I have just checked the Struts code (and sweet memories have come to me) and
the only reason why it is perfectly working is because no Unicode conversion
is done at all...

So again the question is:

Why is Unicode conversion applied in the HtmlResponseWriterImpl?

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arash Bijanzadeh <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.