Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Antti Linno <al...@all.ee> on 2000/09/10 20:04:53 UTC

Mysql+Modperl?

Hi.
I installed Apache_1.3.12, mod_perl-1.23 flexible way, also PHP4 as
module. I am using mysql-3.22.32(from source) and postgresql. Also perl
modules DBI-1.14, Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2214 .
Some minor problems during first install with php, but second time all ran
without any errors. Apache started nice, php test phpinfo() ran too.
Also HTML-Embperl-1.2.1 . As its my job to write scripts under Embperl, I
tested Embperl without database connections, everything worked nice.
Then I made small script to test database connections:
[-use DBI;
$dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=test","root","");
$kuupaev=($dbh->selectall_arrayref(qq{
		select now()	}))->[0][0];
$dbh->disconnect;-]
No mingi ilge jama <BR>
[+ $kuupaev +]
I got an empty document(errormessage). I included that error from
errorlog(below).
With postgres,it worked nicely. Tried different Msql-mysql-modules, but
without success. When I built mod_perl statically with Apache(the first
step in installation guide :), script worked nice.
Btw, I tried it as pure perl script(removed all unnessecary tags),
DBI:mysql worked nicely and gave right answers.
So, it comes to my mind that there could be one of five problems:
Broken
1. Apache_1.3.12
2. mod_perl-1.23
3. Msql-Mysql-modules-1.22xx????
4. DBI-1.14
5. mysql-3.22.32

Error log contains only:
 [Sat Sep  9 21:49:01 2000]
[notice] child pid 25528 exit signalSegmentation fault (11)

Is there a way to build mod_perl statically(later add Embperl) but with
PHP4 ?
Main goal is to build a hybrid environment PHP4+Embperl-Mod_perl and
databases mysql and postgresql.

Greetings,
Antti

Re: Mysql+Modperl?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Antti Linno wrote:

> Error log contains only:
>  [Sat Sep  9 21:49:01 2000]
> [notice] child pid 25528 exit signalSegmentation fault (11)

you need to configure php using --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql
where /path/to/mysql is the same mysql that dbd::mysql was compiled/linked
against.