Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Yongyao Jiang <j....@gmail.com> on 2017/03/28 20:48:38 UTC

How does scoring chain work

Hi,

I got a question about how the scoring works when I was trying to use
multiple scoring plugins together.

For example, if I use "scoring-(opic|similarity)", the opic score of a page
is 0.2, and the similarity score is 0.5, what would be the final score? Is
there anyway to configure this?

Thanks,
Yongyao

Re: How does scoring chain work

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

the score calculated so far (by the filter(s) in front of the chain)
is passed to the method of the next scoring filter
- either directly as float argument
- or as field, e.g., of a CrawlDatum object

It's on the ScoringFilter implementation whether to ignore this value
(overwriting it), to use it for its calculation (usually as factor
for multiplication), or even do nothing and leave it untouched.

In doubt, you have to check the actual implementations of the various
interface methods (injectedScore, ..., indexerScore).

Sebastian