Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by santhosh venkat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/06 02:30:49 UTC

Emitting metrics from Flink SQL LookupTableSource

Hi,

We are trying to develop Flink SQL connectors in my company for proprietary
data-stores. One problem we observed is that the Flink-SQL
LookupTablesource/LookupFunction does not seem to have capabilities to emit
any metrics(i.e there is no metric group wired into either through
LookupSourceContext or DynamicSourceContext). It would be great to expose
latency and throughput metrics from these table sinks for monitoring.

I looked at the existing lookuptablesource implementations in open source
Flink. I noticed that none of them were emitting any metrics.  Does such a
capability exist? Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Re: Emitting metrics from Flink SQL LookupTableSource

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Santhosh,

There's currently an ongoing discussion on this topic in the Dev mailing
list, see https://lists.apache.org/thread/dqw5jw4hmyct47j7m13vdfqcdnbgq0lw

Best regards,

Martijn Visser
https://twitter.com/MartijnVisser82