Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Chris Li <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/20 03:55:39 UTC

Can't use commons-beanutils.jar in TomEE-plume-1.7.1

Hi

I have an application which needs commons-beanutils.jar dependency. So I put
it into my pom.xml file.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
            <version>1.9.2</version>

        </dependency>

I know the TomEE already has commons-logging lib, so in my pom.xml file, the
commons-logging is excluded.

When I start the TomEE, I got below error.

SEVERE: EjbTransactionUtil.handleSystemException: User-specified log class
'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger' cannot be found or is not
useable.
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: User-specified log
class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger' cannot be found or is
not useable.
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.discoverLogImplementation(LogFactoryImpl.java:874)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:604)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:336)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:310)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:685)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.getMatchingAccessibleMethod(MethodUtils.java:942)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:274)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:226)

Re: Can't use commons-beanutils.jar in TomEE-plume-1.7.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
We try to optimize a bit the classloader and since commons was stable and
we were up to date we skipped these jars. We need to update now.

Posted by Chris Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Set in conf/system.properties:
openejb.classloader.forced-load=org.apache.commons.