Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/16 22:41:18 UTC

Mixing lenya CMS with generated static content

Hi,

I am new to CMS and would like to build an intranet
having manually edited pages (with a CMS) and static
pages (javadocs of some projects).

e.g.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html
which is a mixture of hand written pages and javadoc.

How would I do that with lenya?

Would I do a static site with some knodes served by
lenya?

-static content frame

--- javadocs

----lenya content

----another lenya content

Or is there some way to deploy a javadocs tree within
lenya?

Is http://lenya.apache.org/index.html served by lenya?

Thanks for your help,
J�rgen

Re: Mixing lenya CMS with generated static content

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Juergen Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to CMS and would like to build an intranet
> having manually edited pages (with a CMS) and static
> pages (javadocs of some projects).
>
> e.g.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html
> which is a mixture of hand written pages and javadoc.
>
> How would I do that with lenya?

you would adjust the cocoon pipelines used by lenya to serve some areas
of your site statically (with a reader probably)

> Would I do a static site with some knodes served by
> lenya?

you can do that too. you would use some mod proxy configuration to map
lenya into a URL space on your site.

> Or is there some way to deploy a javadocs tree within
> lenya?

if you have no need to edit, a matcher with a reader seems easiest.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: Mixing lenya CMS with generated static content

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Juergen Weber wrote:

> Is http://lenya.apache.org/index.html served by lenya?

No, and the pages are not even generated using Lenya. Both would be possible but
nobody has implemented it so far.

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Mixing lenya CMS with generated static content

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Juergen Weber wrote:

> I am new to CMS and would like to build an intranet
> having manually edited pages (with a CMS) and static
> pages (javadocs of some projects).
>
> Would I do a static site with some knodes served by
> lenya?
>
> -static content frame
> |
> --- javadocs
> |
> ----lenya content
> |
> ----another lenya content

First point to clarify is that Lenya is best used to author and
manage the publication process.  You wouldn't use Lenya for
deployment of a live site.  Instead, publish the content with Lenya
and deploy using a separate HTTP server.  If there is dynamic
content, you can use any application server.

With this understood, you can easily integrate static content
generated from another tool such as javadoc with content (static or
dynamic) generated from lenya.

Hopefully, I understand what you are trying to do.

> Is http://lenya.apache.org/index.html served by lenya?

No, for two reasons.  First, it doesn't make sense to serve sites
with lenya.  Second, the content isn't even generated by lenya but
instead by forrest.

--
JP