Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/11/22 17:13:49 UTC

[Portlet] Support for WSRP ?

Hi,

does Trinidad or the portlet brigde support WSRP ?
Or does it "only" support 168 ?
Or is 301 also about WSRP ?

Thx,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Portlet] Support for WSRP ?

Posted by Michael Freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.
Yes, the PortletBridge should work on any JSR 168 container running on
either WSRP 1.0 or any variant of pre WSRP 2.0.  Likewise Trinidad
should coexist with the PortletBridge in all environments with the
following exceptions:  if you don't have one of the latest versions
(Scott should be able to list the patch number from a week or so ago),
Trinidad needs the PortletBridge to disable the code in its
ViewHandler.createView which replaces the UIViewRoot with its own.
Secondly, Trinidad PPR isn't supported.  This later is primarily a
limitation of JSR 168/WSRP 1.0 which doesn't allow in portlet context
execution of resources.  As this function is in JSR 286/WSRP 2.0 I
expect a lot of pressure to provide a complementary version for JSR 286
as soon as possible.

FYI ... supporting a bridge/JSF in a WSRP environment was one important
factor in why JSR 301 was started.  WSRP 1.0 forces JSR 168 to run in
"strict mode" while many local implementation run in a more relaxed
fashion.  The benefit of running in strict mode is that you should be
able to run correctly on all portlet containers.  That being said it
does make the solution harder to produce.
    -Mike-

Re: [Portlet] Support for WSRP ?

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Portlet] Support for WSRP ?

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

the portlet bridge has nothing in it which wouldn't work with WSRP.
Trinidad, with PPR and popus disabled, will also work in a WSRP
environment.

I have written some extensions (not open sourced yet) so that you can
also use PPR and popups in a portlet environment, these extensions
won't work with WSRP.

regards,

Martin

On 11/22/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does Trinidad or the portlet brigde support WSRP ?
> Or does it "only" support 168 ?
> Or is 301 also about WSRP ?
>
> Thx,
> Matthias