Posted to user@spark.apache.org by sankarmittapally <sa...@creditvidya.com> on 2016/10/24 11:19:10 UTC

JAVA heap space issue

Hi,

 I have a three node cluster with 30G of Memory. I am trying to analyzing
the data of 200MB and running out of memory every time. This is the command
I am using

Driver Memory = 10G
Executor memory=10G

sc <- sparkR.session(master =
"spark://ip-172-31-6-116:7077",sparkConfig=list(spark.executor.memory="10g",spark.app.name="Testing",spark.driver.memory="14g",spark.executor.extraJavaOption="-Xms2g
-Xmx5g -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M",spark.driver.extraJavaOption="-Xms2g -Xmx5g
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024M",spark.cores.max="2"))

[D 16:43:51.437 NotebookApp] 200 GET
/api/contents?type=directory&_=1477289197671 (123.176.38.226) 7.96ms
Exception in thread "broadcast-exchange-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.joins.LongToUnsafeRowMap.append(HashedRelation.scala:539)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.joins.LongHashedRelation$.apply(HashedRelation.scala:803)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.joins.HashedRelation$.apply(HashedRelation.scala:105)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.joins.HashedRelationBroadcastMode.transform(HashedRelation.scala:816)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.joins.HashedRelationBroadcastMode.transform(HashedRelation.scala:812)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.BroadcastExchangeExec$$anonfun$relationFuture$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(BroadcastExchangeExec.
scala:90)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.BroadcastExchangeExec$$anonfun$relationFuture$1$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(BroadcastExchangeExec.
scala:72)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.SQLExecution$.withExecutionId(SQLExecution.scala:94)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.BroadcastExchangeExec$$anonfun$relationFuture$1.apply(BroadcastExchangeExec.scala:72)
        at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.BroadcastExchangeExec$$anonfun$relationFuture$1.apply(BroadcastExchangeExec.scala:72)
        at
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.liftedTree1$1(Future.scala:24)
        at
scala.concurrent.impl.Future$PromiseCompletingRunnable.run(Future.scala:24)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: JAVA heap space issue

Posted by Sankar Mittapally <sa...@creditvidya.com>.
I have lot of joint SQL operations, which is blocking me write data and
unresisted the data, if not useful.

Re: JAVA heap space issue

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: JAVA heap space issue