Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/30 18:40:42 UTC

ACIItem parser problem : a solution

  Hi guys,

as a follow up for my last two mails, I solved my issue this way :
- I created a new module named ldap-schema-manager-tests
- I migrated all the ldap-schema-manager tests to this new module

Now, there are not anymore cyclic dependencies.

Of course, it's not a perfect solution, and we had a lengthly discussion
with Pierre-Arnaud about how shared could have been organized to avoid
such a hack.

The main problem is that the SchemaManager class was supposed to be a
simple container, to be used by both the server and the client API.
However, it should be possible to ask it to load a specific schema as a
whole (schemaManager.load( "nis" ) for instance). n order to do that,
there is a close relation between the ldap-schema-manager module with
the ldap-schema-loader and ldap-schema modules.

A better solution would be to refactor the whole stuff, allowing us to
load schemas in another format that the ADS one, by injecting a specific
loader into the SchemaManager. That's an option, but I think we can
think about it a bit later.

Right now, I'm continuing my investigation of the ACI module, as we have
more or less 7 issues to fix.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com