Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/06 19:05:07 UTC

Debug a project in maven.

Hi,

I've created a project using maven, and know I would like to debug my
project. I've 2 different questions:

1 - How can I debug remotely a project that was created in maven?

2 -  I use vim as an editor. How can I debug a project that is on my
PC (now, it's not on a remote site, but locally) that was created with
maven in vim?

Re: Debug a project in maven.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Sep 6, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Pedro Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a project using maven, and know I would like to debug my
> project. I've 2 different questions:
>
> 1 - How can I debug remotely a project that was created in maven?

mvnDebug clean install

This will setup a debugging session that you can connect to on port 8000.

> 2 -  I use vim as an editor. How can I debug a project that is on my
> PC (now, it's not on a remote site, but locally) that was created with
> maven in vim?

m2eclipse, IDEA and Netbeans all provide facilities for debugging Maven projects. If you're not using an IDE I'm not sure what extensions might exist for the various editors that might work for debugging a remote session.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

the course of true love never did run smooth ...

 -- Shakespeare

Re: Debug a project in maven.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
To debug units.
Try : -Dmaven.surefire.debug=true this will open a debug session on port 5005

2011/9/6 David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>:
> If you use an IDE like IDEA it can open/create a project right from
> the pom, then debug as usual.
>
> -Dave
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created a project using maven, and know I would like to debug my
>> project. I've 2 different questions:
>>
>> 1 - How can I debug remotely a project that was created in maven?
>>
>> 2 -  I use vim as an editor. How can I debug a project that is on my
>> PC (now, it's not on a remote site, but locally) that was created with
>> maven in vim?
>>

>> --
>> Thanks,

Olivier Lamy