Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Mark Dimon <ma...@btinternet.com> on 2002/10/15 00:00:47 UTC

custom controllers crashing customiser (10/10 nightly) , help need to fix this

Hi,

I've just upgraded my project to the nightly 10/10 , my custom row and coloumn controllers are crashing the customiser with:

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity template: null

being displayed rather than the the editor screen ( customizer-portletset-layout.vm ). Note this does not happen with my tab and menu controllers.

This problem can be replicated easly.

[1]. Create a local-managers.xreg , essentially a copy of the onecolumn controller

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<registry>
<portlet-controller-entry name="MyOneColumn" hidden="false">
<title>*MY* One Column</title>
<classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.VelocityPortletController</classname>
<parameter name="template" value="mymulticolumn.vm" hidden="false"/>
<parameter name="action" value="controllers.MultiColumnControllerAction" hidden="false"/>
<parameter name="sizes" value="100%" hidden="false"/>
<parameter name="cols" value="1" hidden="false"/>
<media-type ref="html"/>
</portlet-controller-entry>
</registry

[2]. Copy the multicolumn.vm controller to mymulticolumn.vm

[3]. Fire up jetspeed and try to apply the MyOneColumn controller.

So simply cloning a working contoller fails :(

What's changed since b1 ???  Where do I start to look for the source of this problem, I need to fix this fast.

Any Thought's , Hint's , Help ,  Musings , Greatly appreciated

Regards Mark.