Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/09/20 02:40:21 UTC

[ApacheDS] Completing all hooks for triggers

Ersin,

I was wondering what the plan is for completing all the trigger hooks.
While looking into
implementing a custom authenticator for delegating authentication to
external LDAP servers
(namely AD) it occurred to me that I could use a trigger and stored
procedure instead.  I
think Emmanuel had this idea a little while ago.

I can implement a SP and fire it via an INSTEAD OF trigger on BIND rather
implementing a
custom authenticator.  However we don't have INSTEAD OF triggers nor do we
have a hook
on the BIND operation.  You planning on completing this stuff soon or is
this something that
you recommend I start looking into?

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Completing all hooks for triggers

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sounds like a plan.  I want to drive forward with this as well as the
> specification process.  I have some ideas on these topics namely the search
> issues.

I could not pass this..:

My recent thought lead me to the idea of Read Triggers instead of Search
Triggers... (more dots here)

Alex

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name

Re: [ApacheDS] Completing all hooks for triggers

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,