Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Wayne Bradney <Wa...@WallStreetSystems.com> on 2001/03/28 17:21:08 UTC

RE: Re: When does a SAXParser/XMLParser notify and error/warning/ fatal error?

Callista,

In general -

Warnings: there are very few. In fact I can't think of any warnings I've
seen with Xerces. With Sun's parser you used to get a warning with the SAX
1.0 ValidatingSAXParser if you didn't specify a DOCTYPE.

Errors: Schema validation errors (eg. missing required attributes, missing
elements, undeclared attributes, undeclared elements, wrong type of data).

Fatal Errors: Malformed XML document, Malformed Schema document, Schema
syntax error.

Regards,
WMB