Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2003/07/25 19:43:26 UTC

Using Actions with specific paths

Hi I have been having a very difficult time implementing this, basically
what I'd like to do is have Struts match some actions based on the path they
are executed from, but I am not sure how to setup the web.xml for that nor
the struts-config.xml.

Example I'd like:

/mywebapp/navigate.do runs a different action class than
/mywebapp/control/navigate.do

And I am confused at how to setup the struts config to match the /control
part, and how exactly I need to setup the web.xml to map everything to
struts thats *.do.  Right now in web.xml it looks like:
<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

But I'm thinking that if I also add /control/*.do that the struts config
would match navigate from either path to the same class??  I don't know if i
explained myself clearly.. but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Re: Using Actions with specific paths

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Maybe I'm missing something, but have you tried (struts-config):

<action path="/navigate" type="foo.Action1" ...

<action path="/control/navigate" type="foo.Action2" ...

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>