Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu> on 2009/10/13 16:17:14 UTC

0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Hi,

We are trying to set up a cluster (starting with 2 machines) using the
new 0.20.1 version.

On the master machine, just after the server starts, the name node
dies off with the following exception:

2009-10-13 01:22:24,740 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: java.io.IOException:
Incomplete HDFS URI, no host: hdfs://master_hadoop
         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize
(DistributedFileSystem.java:78)
         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem
(FileSystem.java:1373)
         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:
66)
         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:
1385)
         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Trash.<init>(Trash.java:62)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
(NameNode.java:208)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
(NameNode.java:204)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>
(NameNode.java:279)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
(NameNode.java:956)
         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main
(NameNode.java:965)

Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example configuration
files for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?

The detail log file is attached along with.

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@yieldex.com>.
Hi Tejas,
I just upgraded to 20.1 as well and you config all looks the same as mine
except in the core-site.xml I have:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

Maybe you need to add the port on yours. I haven't seen that error before,
but it seems to be suggesting it can't resolve the host. I'd say
double-check your names and that they resolve.

Hope that helps,
Kevin

Posted by jun hu <jh...@gmail.com>.
I think you should edit the core-site.xml .

(master and slave machine)

> ------ core-site.xml -------
> <configuration>
>
> <property>
>  <name>fs.default.name</name>
>  <value>hdfs://master_hadoop: 54310

  </value>

--
Best Regards!
胡俊

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
Thanks Todd,

I never thought of that !!

Regards,
Tejas

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
Thanks Todd,

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
Hey Kevin,

> [...]

>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
>> (NameNode.java:208)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
>> (NameNode.java:204)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>
>> (NameNode.java:279)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
>> (NameNode.java:956)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
>> 965)
>>
>> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example
>> configuration files
>> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>>
>> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
Hey Kevin,

> [...]

>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
>> (NameNode.java:208)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
>> (NameNode.java:204)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>
>> (NameNode.java:279)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
>> (NameNode.java:956)
>>     at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
>> 965)
>>
>> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example
>> configuration files
>> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>>
>> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
> [...]

> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
> (NameNode.java:208)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
> (NameNode.java:204)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:
> 279)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
> (NameNode.java:956)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
> 965)
>
> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example configuration
> files
> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>
> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
> [...]

> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
> (NameNode.java:208)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
> (NameNode.java:204)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:
> 279)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
> (NameNode.java:956)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
> 965)
>
> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example configuration
> files
> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>
> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@yieldex.com>.

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@yieldex.com>.

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
> [...]

>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
>> (NameNode.java:208)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
>> (NameNode.java:204)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>
>> (NameNode.java:279)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
>> (NameNode.java:956)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
>> 965)
>>
>> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example
>> configuration files
>> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>>
>> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Tejas Lagvankar <te...@umbc.edu>.
> [...]

>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.startTrashEmptier
>> (NameNode.java:208)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize
>> (NameNode.java:204)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>
>> (NameNode.java:279)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode
>> (NameNode.java:956)
>>       at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:
>> 965)
>>
>> Can anyone help ?  Also can anyone send across example
>> configuration files
>> for 0.20.1 if they are different than we are using ?
>>
>> The detail log file is attached along with.

Tejas Lagvankar
meettejas@umbc.edu
www.umbc.edu/~tej2

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem

Posted by Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@nepasoft.com>.

Posted by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@yieldex.com>.
Hi Tejas,

Trends in JClouds

Posted by Mikio Uzawa <m_...@amber.plala.or.jp>.
Hi all,

I posted below three topics:

NTT focuses on the social infrastructure with clouds
A major common paper ASAHI talked the about cloud
NetWorld will dive into the cloud market with Bplats

http://jclouds.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

/mikio uzawa

Re: 0.20.1 Cluster Setup Problem